The Diocese of Ysabel (DOY) was inaugurated on the 1st of March 1975 at Jejevo Primary School after which the Diocesan Synod was held.
The first Diocesan Bishop was the late Sir Duddley Tuti. He was made an Assistant Bishop of the then Diocese of Melanesia in 1963. When the Diocese of Melanesia became a Province of its own from New Zealand, His Grace John Wallace Chisholm became the Arch Bishop and Bishop Duddley Tuti became the first Diocesan Bishop in 1975. He retired in 1980
BISHOP’S LIST SINCE INAUGURATION
- Sir Duddley Tuti 1963 – 1974 Assistant Bishop
- Sir Ellison Pogo 1981 – 1994 Diocesan Bishop
- The Rt Rev. Walter Siba 1995 – 1999 Diocesan Bishop
- The Rt Rev. Zephaniah Legumana 2000 – 2003 Diocesan Bishop
- Canon Richard Naramana 2004 - Current
There are four Regions or Deaneries in the diocese of Ysabel. The four Senior Priests or Archdeacons look after the four Regions.
The four Regions are;
- LAWE Region – Rev. Duddley Palmer (Senior Priest), 4 Parishes and 4 Districts
- JAMAKO Region – Rev. John Plant Bale (Senior Priest), 2 Parishes and 4 Districts
- TUVANO Region – Rev. Paul Neremana (Senior Priest), 8 Districts
- GAOMA Region – Rev. John Resi (Senior Priest) , 6 Districts
The diocesan headquarter is located at Jejevo, Buala, Isabel Province
Office Phone: +677 35011,